Those persons seeking to place their name and test score on our hiring list should:
- Take a Civil Service Exam. Places & dates of exams can be obtained by contacting the Municipal Fire / Police Civil Service Office; www.ose.state.la.us
- Transfer their passing grade to our department.
- Come in person to fill out an application at station 91 located at 15094 Old Hammond Hwy. Baton Rouge, LA 70816
- When positions become available, qualified applicants on file will be notified.
If you have any further questions regarding the hiring process contact Captain Larry Montelaro @ (225) 272-7779.
Successful Applicants Must:
- be at least 18 years of age
- be a citizen of the United States
- possess a valid high school diploma or GED certificate
- possess a valid drivers license and social security card
- pass the civil service exam
- pass the TABE (Test of Adult Basic Education)
- pass a criminal background check
- pass a personal interview
- pass pre-employment medical, physical, and psychological evaluations